Rough
Well, the past 2 weeks I feel like I have been bombarded with one thing after another. Just over 2 weeks ago, I was in my first car crash. I lady rear ended me and pushed me into the car in front of me, sandwiching me. I had a little whip lash and back pain, but other wise no problem. Mostly shaken up a bit. 2 weeks ago I ran the Dirty Dash with some friends (super amazing!), and that night I started to have some congestion and a cough. That developed into bronchitis, fever, aches, etc. Meanwhile, I worked several days in a row, and had a really rough day last thursday. I lost a little boy, and have constantly thought about this little boy and his family, and the tragedy they are dealing with. This past week I was starting to feel pretty good. Tuesday I went to dinner with friends to celebrate an exciting event for my friend Nick. I came home feeling exceptionally full, and then all the sudden began to vomit. That continued for about 20 hours, plus a few other problems. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty crappy. Until today. Today, my cough and congestion are better, my fever and body aches gone. I ran a few errands and was able to eat a bit today. I went to see a movie with a friend tonight, "The Help" (fantastic movie, finished the book today and loved it-more to come). On the way out of the theater, I received a phone call from my Dad, saying my Grandpa was put on hospice today and is probably not going to make it much longer. While he has been suffering for quite a while, I feel like 'wham-bam-slam'...it seems to never end sometimes!
But alas, I am so grateful for things to put my life in perspective and remind me what is most important. I am grateful for my health (most of the time), my ability to help, for my family, and above all, for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that makes everything easier to deal with.
(If you are wondering, go to www.mormon.org for details)

2 Comments:
Becky, I read your post a few days ago and have been thinking about what to say. You did everything you could for that little baby. It was such a freak thing- I think it was just his time. I think you are an amazing nurse and would let you take care of any of my loved ones anytime. Also, something really good is just around the corner. I know it. Just wait. Then when it comes let me know what it is :)
Thanks Athena for your nice comment, I meant to say something to you the other day. And I will let you know what that 'good thing' is! Thanks for being a great friend!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home