Thursday, January 22, 2009

Holidays

So the holidays were so much fun, with lots of family, fun, and food!

On December 12, I went to Amanda and Skyler's wedding...I'm so excited for them! It's fun to see Amanda so happy and finally living her dreams!
On December 13, I went to my friends' Natalie McKinnon and Jason Parkin's wedding up in Layton. McKinnon is one of my good friends from high school and we grew up in the same ward. I also went to high school with Jason, so it was fun to see them hook up!
This is my new hair cut and color...I decided to be bold and go dark and I totally love it!

For my little sister Katie's birthday, my family and cousins from St. George came and stayed at our house for the weekend. We went bowling and ate cake and ice cream. The weekend was full of movie's, games, and catching up.
Some other cousins from California also came up for the holidays, and we had a lot of fun with them. We went and saw Marley and Me, Forever Strong; these are both really great movies and I can't wait for Forever Strong to come out on DVD. It was fun to spend New Year's with cousins.
I can't believe Katie is 18! Time sure goes by fast!

Me and my cousin Natalie
Christmas was lots of fun as usual. I love the holidays and the holiday spirit that is in the air. I love singing Christmas songs as I drive around town, wearing Christmas scrubs, the traditons and festivities that are going on. This year for Christmas was a little bit different than others. On Christmas Eve we made treats and then ate fried rice (a favorite family dish), then went and caroling to several friends and neighbors.
We have a really fun holiday tradition that every year about midnight on Christmas Eve, we go caroling to people who have to work on Christmas Eve and take them a box of oranges or a fruit basket. This year we went to a Wee Care Pediatrics after hours, pullled our car in front of a UTA bus and sang to the driver, a guy that was a truck drier for Flying J gas, and a mall security guard. I love to cheer people up, and I think it means a little more to me now that I am working holidays because I know how these people feel.
Another highlight of Christmas was talking to my little brother, Ben. He is serving in the New York, New York City South Mission Spanish speaking. We are so excited he is coming home on February 18!
It was a bit of a bummer to have to go to work on Christmas night, but thats the way it goes. Overall, the holidays were fantastic with lots of fun memories made!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home